- Fluid Fitness would love to be involved in helping you be the healthiest you
- Benefit you, your family and family-to-be
- Leave our sessions feeling energized and confident in mind and body
Pre-Pregnancy exercise increases the likelihood of exercising throughout pregnancy
Benefits of Pre-Pregnancy Exercise
- Helps maintain or lose weight and help manage stress
- Increases the likelihood of exercising throughout pregnancy, and enjoying all the benefits that can bring
- Pre-Pregnancy exercise in the 3 months preceding pregnancy can reduce the risk of developing gestational diabetes mellitus and abnormal glucose tolerance (Oken et al, 2006)
All Abilities Welcome
- We are here to guide you through the whole process
- We can make adjustments where necessary so you can continue or start your fitness routine and enjoy all the benefits listed below.
- Whether you are new to exercise and want to know where to start, or have trained regularly but want advice on how to safely modify your programme, we are here for you.
- Women’s bodies are amazing, and we want you to enjoy yours because of, or despite any changes that childbirth may bring.
We know where you’re coming from!
I know the challenges of keeping fit between having my cheeky chap and chapess 21 months apart. I've compared notes with mums- friends/clients/online parent worry forums, so I understand the fears and barriers to getting those trainers back on.
Prenatal Exericse prevents excess weight gain and promotes muscle tone, strength and endurance which is helpful for labour
Benefits of Pre-Natal Exercise – can include but are not limited to:
- Boosts your mood and energy levels
- Improves circulation (may decrease risk of varicose veins)
- Helps withstand postural changes, and reduce risk of low back pain
- Eases constipation, bloating and swelling
- Helps you sleep better
- Prevents excess weight gain
- Reduction in perceived pain during labour
Benefits of Post-Natal Exercise
- Increases rate of post-natal recovery (if paced appropriately)
- Reduces stress, fatigue and tension
- Enhances self-image
- Improves muscle tone, circulation, digestion and sleep patterns
- The sooner you incorporate it into your new routine, the more likely you are to keep at it – fitness for life!
- Fun to do with other mums and/or your baby
Post Natal Exercise increases awareness and maintenance of good posture while caring for your little one
About the sessions:
Session numbers: Sign up for anything from 1 session, to sessions to cover your entire pregnancy and beyond. 1-1 and small groups both possible.
Session progress: we will start with low intensity workouts, focusing on pelvic floor and core stability exercises. After regular assessments, sessions will progress to higher intensity cardiovascular and resistance workouts, with adjustments easily made, depending on how you are feeling.
Post-natal: sessions will only begin on approval of your GP at your 6 week check-up
We love working with you, and your kid/s are welcome too!
- Once baby has arrived, whether it’s your first or fifth, we know it can be hard to make fitness a part of your new routine.
- We want to make it as doable as possible, so feel free to bring your family cheerleader/s along!
- We’re experienced with pram work-outs or keeping more active tots entertained while you work-out.