I am happiest when I‘m with family and friends, and when I’m exercising, - and preferably all 3 combined! I love to train really hard rowing on the Thames, or indoor rowing, running (with buggy and without!), jumping and lifting my way to fitness when a more time-friendly regime is required.
The Happy Factor
For me, the happy factor of exercise also includes training others. I started as a teenager helping to train school sports teams, and have stayed involved in training/coaching throughout my adult life, including coaching rowing in the USA and UK. It’s so fun to train and achieve goals with others, build relationships and share fitness-related experiences (burpee competitions excluded!).
A Career Change
I realised I had so much fun training others that in 2012 I decided to redirect my career so I could extend this ‘happy factor’ further and share it with many more people too. Aged 30, and with the birth of my son a few months away I retrained as a personal trainer, and, it seemed apt, then qualified further to be able to deliver pre and post natal exercise programmes. Since then I also looked to combine personal training with my love of rowing and voila, Fluid Fitness was formed!
Despite my love of fitness, I'm also a firm believer of all things in moderation and in my down-time I like exploring, reading or discovering a great new pub with friends and family!
- Personal training
- Indoor Rowing
- Pre and Postnatal Training
- Training Plans
Personal Trainer Since 2012
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Rowing coach (on the water and indoor rowing) since 2006
- Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
- British Rowing Certificate for Go Row Indoor Workshop
- Emergency First Aid
- Master of Arts in Sport Administration and Leadership, Seattle University, USA
- 2 time finalist at Women’s Henley Regatta, UK (rowing)
- Winner, Henley Masters Regatta, 2010
- 2 time medalist at the Head of Charles Regatta, USA (largest 2 day regatta in the world) 2005 and 2007
- 5 time medalist at the US Rowing Masters National Championships 2006, USA